[User-committee] [product] Changing name from "User Story" to "Development Requests"

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 5 14:28:57 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-05 13:35:57 +0000 (+0000), Kunzmann, Gerald wrote:
> This doc describes what we have to do to request change of our
> repo name:
> https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html#project-renames
>
> Such renaming will require gerrit downtime for a couple of hours,
> so this will only by triggered few times a year. So after having
> submitted the change, we may need to wait for some time. No such
> maintenance window is currently being planned.
[...]

Yep, and we also have a few other important repo renames queued up,
so will likely do one "soon" (depending on when one or more of those
of us with access to run such a maintenance window can schedule a
little time to focus on it). Having already taken point on the repo
import/migration from github to gerrit I'm also happy to write the
necessary rename patches to project-config.

What I'm still missing is consensus over what would be acceptable
new names for these repositories. Is there any objection if we
rename openstack-infra/userstory-dashboard to
openstack-infra/featuretracker (to match the
featuretracker.openstack.org site name where it's hosted) and also
rename the openstack-infra/puppet-userstory_dashboard configuration
management repository to openstack-infra/puppet-featuretracker for
consistency?
--
Jeremy Stanley