[User-committee] [Product] proposal categorization

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Sat Apr 1 20:52:24 UTC 2017

Team,
I took and Action item at this week call: Categorizing openstack proposals.
Below are my notes from the call.
This one currently has no owner but the general discussion was to create examples in our wiki and repository that show what a completed development proposal (formerly called user story), tracker, gaps analysis, etc. might look like.

Here is a draft to start a discussion.

I have 2 separate characterization ideas so need would like team feedback.
First one is to extend the proposal template to include two fields:

1.       Pointer to User or storytelling story that is the source of the proposal.

2.       List of which of User WG subprojects have this requirement - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee#Working_Groups

Second, the categories of the Proposals:

1.       Single Project impact

2.       Multi-Project impact

3.       New Project creation impact

We will not know the category of the proposal till we complete gap analysis.

We need to update our diagram.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/File:Userstoryflow.png.
Shamail, if you have a source of that diagram I can updated it as part of the proposal.

1.       User Story Idea -> Proposal Idea

a.       Source of the Proposal. E.g. User or storytelling pointer.

2.       Proposed User Story -> Proposal

3.       User Story Tracker -> Proposal Tracker

Thanks,
Arkady Kanevsky, Ph.D.
Director of SW Development
Dell EMC CPSD