[User-committee] Key Points when Organizing an OpenStack Hackathon

Gonzalo De La Torre gonzalo_delatorre at live.com
Mon Sep 19 20:38:05 UTC 2016

Good day everyone,

We would like to invite all community parties who are interested in

Organizing a Hackathon to the next CloudAppHack-WG meeting which will be held on:

Date: Thursday  Sep 22nd
Time: 9:30 CST
Place: Google Hangouts
Link: https://hangouts.google.com/call/mrrocwqtlrhgjpni3rfk6kh334e

During the meeting, we will be inviting some of the leaders from

the OpenStack Guadalajara Hackathon to review some of the key points to consider when

running a national hackathon for each of their programmed activities. In addition, I would

like to invite all community members to give their input regarding the key aspects to

consider in order for the community to support an OpenStack Hackathon.

Meeting Agenda:

A. Introduction to Interested Communities

http://labs.cloudapphack.eu/

http://cloudapphack.eu/

B. Team Organization Key Points - OpenStack Guadalajara Leaders

  1.  Marketing (Social Media, Website, Physical Propaganda)

  2.  Pre-Trainings

  3.  Sponsors

  4.  Registration and Help-Desk

  5.  Venue-Logistics

  6.  Advocates-Judges

  7.  Mentors

  8.  Cloud, Network, WiFi

  9.  Volunteers

  10. Community Manager

C. Application for Running a Hackathon - Review

goo.gl/08grC6

D. Outreach to Communities

Next steps to take to start and promote Hackathons for the following communities:

  1.  Australia / AsiaPac Cloud App Hackathon

  2.  2nd Annual Taiwan+China Cloud App Hackathon

  3.  University Global Sprint Hackathon

  4.  EU-Wide Cloud App Hackathon

Feel free to follow our WG Updates at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CloudAppHack-WG