[User-committee] OpenStack Summit Barcelona- Now Accepting Working Group/BoF Submissions

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 6 18:20:36 UTC 2016

Steve,

I believe the overall process around working groups is under becoming more
formal during this cycle, so that's the reason spaces are dedicated to
official WG leads at the first place (those groups are listed on wiki page
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee> Erin
mentioned). The similar situation is with my team (Performance Team
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Performance_Team>) - originally we were
kicked off as a LDT subteam (this means no official record in the WG list),
so this summit we're not safe regarding separated time slot for
Performance-specific discussions (probably we'll need to be officially
separated from LDT in future, let's see).

To sum up, I believe current progress on WG formalizing is a good idea, but
let's hope there will be some opportunities for other (not yet official WG)
teams to discuss work items during upcoming summit.

Cheers,
Dina

*Dina Belova*
*Senior Software Engineer*