[User-committee] Public Cloud Working Group

Matt Jarvis matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 13:15:48 UTC 2016

Hi Carol

LD as I see it is focused around the technical challenges of scale, which
may be one of the issues around public cloud operation, but isn't the only
problem space. Not all public clouds are in the LD category, a lot of the
emerging ones in Europe and other places aren't at that kind of scale yet.
There are other shared problem spaces around public cloud requirements from
a technical perspective - as an example see recent discussions about the
situation regarding dev support of VPNaaS and FWaaS in Neutron, both of
which are in use by many public cloud operators but not necessarily widely
used in private cloud. From discussions we've been having amongst the
public cloud ops community in Europe for the last couple of years, there
are a bunch of other areas where I think it would be valuable to have a
working group focused on this.

Matt