[User-committee] Public Cloud Working Group

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at monash.edu
Thu Oct 27 12:36:29 UTC 2016

See also the (brief) earlier discussion on this pre-Barcelona:
https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org/msg06500.html

This is neither a for/against comment, just an observation - looking at the
examples given on the wiki... "self service signups, pluggable billing,
domain-level quota management". Only pluggable billing stands out to me as
being a requirement particular to paid public clouds, self-service sign-up
and *especially* nested quota are of great interest to science clouds too.

Cheers,

On 27 October 2016 at 14:17, Barrett, Carol L <carol.l.barrett at intel.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sean – I’d be interested to better understand the differences between
> Public Cloud WG and Large Deployment WG [1]. Can you educate me?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Carol
>

> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Large_Deployment_Team

Blair Bethwaite
Senior HPC Consultant

Monash eResearch Centre
Monash University
Room G26, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
Clayton VIC 3800
Australia
Mobile: 0439-545-002
Office: +61 3-9903-2800