[User-committee] [Cloud App Community] FWD: Barcelona Cloud App Community Conversations...

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Wed Oct 19 07:11:26 UTC 2016

TL;DR =
Is your job/remit  the next six months all about 'cloud apps'? Here are
some people with whom you should have a chat (see email chain below as
well).

Thanks to all the 'Cloud App Lab Pros' (Cc'd) who have been replying with
ideas for how to push forward the 'cloud app community' this next cycle.
It is very exciting to know how many of you have jobs which are focused on
advancing cloud app tech.
It would be great to hear more updates here on the UC mailing list - as
to...

One suggestion (thanks Tim) which I think has real merit is to arrange
'power chats' with key community leaders who share an interest in a 'cloud
app' topic.

Accordingly, I have created an ad hoc (*OPTIONAL*) chat schedule to suggest
who might want to talk to whom re various 'cloud app' topics.  I've
tentatively listed all of you (Cc'd) on this schedule[1], though please
tweet each other beforehand to confirm your availability as I'm merely
suggesting who I think should have chats​ (time allowing).

Naturally, anyone who wants to participate in one of these 'ad hoc cloud
app chats' are most welcome to show up as per these *suggestions* (please
feel free to edit this schedule here as you see fit[1]):

​Cloud App ​Topics List w/ Twitter Handles (please do suggest other topics):

==> Latin American Cloud App Community Event Planning @vkmc @trukutrun
@Jimefloresp
==> European Cloud App Community Event Planning @code_sean @jenk_s @ada_sko
@alholanova
​==> AsiaPac Cloud App Community Event Planning ​@ricolintw @JoannaHHuang
@AnniLai @iGene
​==> Cloud App Hackathon roadmap (a cloud app superbowl ;-)@emaganap
@jenk_s @carol
​==> A 'cloud app' communication channel (for us by us) @Jimefloresp
@JakubPav @ricolintw @AlexLocher
==> Public datacenters (OpenStack-powered) and their approached to building
up their cloud apps capabilities:​@Squidboylan @PetterLundKNA
@BrunouyVanMorel @PilgrimStack
==> Cloud app catalogues, registries and where the interoperable cloud apps
are emerging/centralising:​ @AlexLocher @docaedo @Martin_Paulo
==> Coporate strategy, and connecting the cloud apps top down with the
bottom up: ​@annegentle @peterscraig @patifa @Carol
==> Plug & play cloud apps for end users (not just tech savvy users):
@BrunouyVanMorel @IgorMarnat @Martin_Paulo
==> SDKs/APIs which AppDev & AppEng like to use​: ​@CraigSterrett
@code_sean @BrunouyVanMorel @AnneGentle​

Again, this is entirely an *optional* activity intended to help connect
more of you whose jobs/remit are focused on cloud apps.
Please make sure to tweet one another in advance to confirm, ideally using
the #CloudApp hashtag so others might join as well.

Anyone who is not listed please do say 'hi' and let me know how I can get
you engaged (it's my job).

I believe 2017 is going to finally start to see more widespread examples of
'cloud apps' in the real world, as well as more apps

Can't wait to see you all, very soon the fun begins!!!

[1]=
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RBtAOjxmUh97fXrJlowvqVNmq2-8FxvBIHx2Dts1Jh8/edit#slide=id.g182d2309e0_3_186

Bon Viatge,

Flanders