[User-committee] [app] Cloud App Labs (lounge + training)

Gene Kuo gene at openstack.org
Tue Nov 8 17:23:56 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I do agree with Peter on those points, those are great ideas. We could attract more app-devs to Summit if we keep working on this.

I have more opinions on things that we could possibly improve.

1. The labs are great we should try to add some more advanced labs in the future. However, from my observation during the summit, people who come to try cloud app labs is either not that good at coding or not familiar to OpenStack. I suggest adding more detailed hints or example codes with explanation to get participant easier to get started. I may start working on this after finishing all the mid terms.

2. I think it will be great to put the whole lab instructions on to developer.openstack.org or openstack.org/appdev to make it more “official”. It will attract more app-devs attention on those sites.

I do like Bruno idea on giving prizes to people who complete a certain amount of labs, but we should find a better way to verify their work.

Regards,

Gene Kuo