[User-committee] Application Developer recruitment survey

Kruithof Jr, Pieter pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com
Fri May 27 01:15:29 UTC 2016

Moving from TC to UC

Hi Flanders,

You lost me a bit, but this is what it feels like you’re saying:

  1.  Recruit app developers to create a pool of folks that are interested in participating in user research on behalf of the community.
  2.  Conduct a series of interviews (n=~8) to help us understand what kinds of questions we should include as part of the app developer survey
  3.  Based the interviews, design and distribute a survey to app developers.

One quick point. Part of me is wondering whether we should do a series of ~16 individual interviews rather than a survey because it feels as though we’re really trying to get qualitative data.  The why’s rather than the what’s.  Or maybe…conduct eight interviews, distribute a survey and then conduct another eight post-hoc interviews to add context to the data collected from the survey.

Lemme know if this makes sense.  I’m OK with the scale of the research effort increasing because app developers are so important to us.

Cheers,

Piet