[User-committee] [Fault Genes] WG Weekly Meeting

Nematollah Bidokhti Nematollah.Bidokhti at huawei.com
Tue May 24 22:16:28 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Following is the summary:

*         Members asked about the meeting format being a conference call vs. IRC method. We have decided till we get the core team totally organized to use the current conference call method and once the team is fully established, use IRC.

*         Focused on details regarding the failure modes and its attributes

*         Suggested to add a column for "Component" and one for "Priority"

o   Project == the OpenStack project, such as Nova, Cinder, etc.

o   Component == the functional module that is impacted.  This can be a subset of a project's code, such as scheduler (Nova), or API server, or Client, etc

*         Questions were raised about the severity standard to be used. It was suggested to use the ITIL definitions. Below is more information on priority & severity:

o   Priority vs. severity:

1.       http://kedar.nitty-witty.com/blog/bug-defect-priority-vs-severity-matrix

2.       https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP/Conventions_of_bug_priority_and_severity

o   Reference article:

1.       http://www.developsense.com/blog/2013/03/severity-vs-priority/  (the discourse with James Bach in the comments section is worth reading, if you have the time)

*         Suggested to use one failure mode as an example to show the type of info and data that need to be provided (see below)

*         Discussed our WG charter

o   ACTION: Matt Greene (F5) will provide the 1st draft of our charter for everyone to review

*         Kenny Johnston (Rackspace) has created a use case document. Please go to the link below and review the use case document and provide your comments:

o   https://review.openstack.org/317695

Please add your content to our Google sheet.
The link to our Google Sheet template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sekKLp7C8lsTh-niPHNa2QLk5kzEC_2w_UsG6ifC-Pw/edit#gid=2142834673
The link to the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Fault_Genes-WG

Thanks,

Nemat Bidokhti