[User-committee] [app] FirstApp for various SDKs

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue May 24 17:40:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Bonell Manjarrez, Marcela <
marcela.bonell.manjarrez at intel.com> wrote:

> I would like to lead this effort o/
>
> I’m familiar contributing to the API-site repo and with the developer
> resources there ;) and also in my team we have web designers and developers.

Wonderful! I sent you a meeting invite to go over the background. We had a
spec [1] last release but couldn't complete it.

If anyone else is interested, just let us know.
Thanks,
Anne

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/mitaka/app-guides-mitaka-vision.html

> Marcela Bonell
>
> From: Anne Gentle
> Date: Monday, May 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM
> To: "Sun, Yih Leong"
> Cc: David F Flanders, "user-committee at lists.openstack.org"
> Subject: Re: [User-committee] [app] FirstApp for various SDKs
>
> More below.
>
> Thanks,
> Anne
>

> On May 23, 2016, at 6:05 PM, Sun, Yih Leong <yih.leong.sun at intel.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Flanders,
>

> In today App Ecosystem meeting, the team discussed the FirstApp for other
> SDKs, specifically Python, Java, .NET & Ruby.
>
> I assume that these will be made available at the current
> http://developer.openstack.org/?
>

> The drafts are continuously published now from the API-site repo. For
> example, see:
>
> http://developer.openstack.org/draft/firstapp-jclouds/
>

> How are we going to structure/organize this page when more guides are
> available?
>

> We need to work in a web design for the landing page.
>
> For example, for Java, the page has a link to jcloud guide which is hosted
> at http://jclouds.apache.org/guides/openstack/.
>
> Are we replacing this with the new FirstApp guide or keeping both of them?
>

> I believe this ecosystem has room for a lot of links. We should consider
> that a need in the design of the landing page.
>
> Same question for other languages.
>
> And for Python, we have two FirstApp, one with LibCloud, another with
> Shade.
>

> Is this page (http://developer.openstack.org/) going to be revised?
>

> Please, yes. Does anyone have web design and development resources
> available to work on it? We need to consider the API reference information
> and guides as well in the design and navigation and info architecture. I'd
> be glad to put together requirements.
>
> Would love to hear if David has more ideas for working on this web site
> project.
>
> Thanks,
> Anne
>
> Thanks!