[User-committee] Fault Genes WG Weekly Meeting Summary

Nematollah Bidokhti Nematollah.Bidokhti at huawei.com
Tue May 17 22:38:01 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We held our 1st WG meeting yesterday. We had good participation for our 1st meeting. A number of companies were represented.

*       Members express their interest to have the Google sheet "Fault Genes" as a repository for all OpenStack bugs experienced by the community
*       Members voted to have the current meeting time of Mondays at 9 AM PST to be set weekly
*       Following is our plan:
o       Create a working group in OpenStack (OPSK) on OPSK resiliency - Done
o       Recruit community members who want to be part of an open team that works towards OpenStack resiliency - On going
o       Populate the WG Google sheet with the OpenStack failure modes experienced or has the potential to be in the design & the associated attributes (columns) - On going
o       Classify the failure modes
o       Determine the ideal failure mitigation
o       Summaries the learning
o       Generate OpenStack Resiliency spec/guidelines (initial version)
o       Set up a summit readiness status check in three months
o       Hold our inaugural WG in Barcelona & present the draft document

Thanks,

Nemat Bidokhti
Chief Reliability Architect
IT Product Line, Computing Lab