[User-committee] [AppDev] CloudAppHack - Guadalajara Hackathon Planning meeting

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Sun May 15 23:57:35 UTC 2016

Nice work Victor,  can't wait to start the planning!

+1 for any and all looking to help volonteer in organising the cloud app
hack in Guadalajara (the "Silicon Valley of Mexico"[1]).  Not only the
birthplace of Tequilla and Mariachi music,  but one of the fastest growing
producers of new tech talent thanks to their rich University heritage and
forthcoming purpose-built 'ciudad creativa digital' aka Latin America's
first IoT Smart City [2].

Who should care about this next edition of the OpenStack 'cloud app hack'
and why?

* University students wanting to learn the cloud technology stacks which
will come to dominate business over the next decade.
* Trusted 'old school engineers' wanting to test the waters of cloud for
their enterprise systems.
* Public cloud providers looking to recruit the next generation of open
cloud AppDev.
* SMEs wanting to recruit new cloud native app developers fresh from Uni.
* Large companies (1000+ employees) Looking to extend their cloud
businesses into new international markets.
* Entrepreneurs and investors wanting to see working prototyped of cutting
edge for tech,  including: Internet of Things,  Big Data,  Cloud TV,
Wearables, Mobile Apps, Containers tech, NFV/SDN and much more.

FYI:
OpenStackAppHack.org is the temporary URL for any dissemination until we
get the domain mapped into the /events listing.   Stay tuned and come join
the fun! 😄

[1]= http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/ec7461a8-ffb3-11e4-bc30-00144feabdc0.html
[2]= https://youtu.be/ZRcfrExiCKY