[User-committee] Non ATC contribution recognition

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:42:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:30:04AM -0500, Lauren Sell wrote:

:I believe you're working more toward recognition on the badges than
:free passes, but I just wanted to confirm. Especially if we decide to
:decouple the project-specific design summit sessions from the main
:event, subsidizing free Summit badges for code contributors may
:change. There are several options on the table at this point, so I
:just want to make sure we’re not setting any expectations in the
:community that we can’t meet :)

Yes the WG is about recognition not rewards per se.

The desire is that non-ATC contributions be recognized equally and
free passes is definitely seen as an ATC perk, but as long as there's
parity I think we'll be in a good place.

-Jon