[User-committee] Feedback to user survey questions

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Mar 7 19:36:59 UTC 2016

hello folks,

a couple of comments on the user survey, deployment tab:

	Which projects does this deployment currently use, or are you
	interested in using in the future?*

there are projects in there that I know we'll not going to look at and
I'd be interested in measuring how many groups are totally ignoring some
projects because they're not interesting for them. Are you assuming that
those not picked are being ignored?

	What tools are you using to deploy / configure this cluster?

Didn't crowbar change its name some time ago?

	Which OpenStack Network (Neutron) drivers are you using?

I don't see ways to add Astara/Akanda and VxLAN as options: Astara is
part of big tent, it should be there.

	How much OpenStack Object Storage (Swift) have you provisioned?

seems to imply the storage is provided by Swift but in our case we offer
swift-compatible object storage, so I can't answer the question for
DreamHost the way it's phrased. If the interest is in measuring the size
of Swift-powered clusters only, then you may show those questions only
for those that say they run the Swift code.

HTH,
stef