[User-committee] [app] What is an App?

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:53:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov> wrote:

> Nova Instance users, dns/ssl cert retrieval, etc. There isn't a great
> place for work to happen that is focused directly on making the end user
> experience of the type of App I've been talking about better except the
> Cross Project WG and that hasn't worked out very well.

Could you clarify? I successfully landed a cross project feature in mitaka,
and interacting with the Cross-Project WG and 22 different project teams
wasn't a problem at all. I've had no problems adding an unscheduled feature
each of them.

I had hoped this WG would take that on, but doesn't seem to want to deal
> with it either.

Take what on, specifically? Advocating on your behalf?

Each project expects you to contribute a lot to get enough review capital
> to be listened to, but if your goal is to fix issues that cross projects,
> its extremely difficult to get enough capital on each project to affect
> real positive change.

I have had the opposite experience.

Michael