[User-committee] [app] What is an App?

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:19:29 UTC 2016

Let me try to clarify:

I'm proposing that the App Ecosystem WG does not try to define the meaning
of "App" at all. The term is too generic, anyone can overload it to mean
what they want. Case and point: You (the App Catalog) already have a
definition.

We need to sidestep this argument altogether, and focus instead on what an
"app" uses. We will train and support you on how to talk to the OpenStack
API's. In many cases, we'll be able to refer you to existing tools and/or
SDK's (such as Ansible and/or python-openstacksdk) that have already solved
80% of your problem. For anything else, we'll happily refer you to the
correct community.

Does that provide the necessary context?

Michael