[User-committee] Discrimination and the Code of Conduct

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:19:19 UTC 2016

Hey everyone!

I've reached out to Lauren and Cindy on this issue to offer my help but
haven't gotten a response. Given the tricky nature of gender
discrimination, I don't feel comfortable (as a white male) taking on this
work without their guidance, as it is likely to negatively impact its
legitimacy. I'm sensitive to that "Male Privilege swoop-in-and-take-over"
thing, so I'll leave it in the capable hands of Lauren and Cindy.

I support this effort and what it means for the community but started this
discussion because it looked like this important work might be stalling,
but maybe it's just that I don't know where to look for the next steps &
how I can help. Could someone direct me to where I can follow along in the
discussions and maybe participate when I'm able to find the time between my
other projects? This is really important to the community and I don't want
to lose track of what's going on here.

Thanks!

Michael Krotscheck