[User-committee] [CloudAppHack-WG] [AppEco-WG] [: OpenStack training and demo at the Boston Plone Conference

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:25:25 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Cloud App Crafters,

The Plone conference (a popular Python CMS) has recently reached out to us
(below) to do some training at their upcoming conference in Boston (the
week before the OpenStack Barcelona Summit).

This size of the Plone community (250ppl in attendance) represents a
focused and established market segment; which one of your companies is
going to make a pretty penny in supporting their CMS application atop
OpenStack.  Sing it with me: E-N-T-E-R-P-R-I-S-E.

Below are some options for engaging with this fellow Open Source
Foundation.  I would really like to find a way to engage with them so as to
have them listed as a flagship app on our app catalogue.

Accordingly:

Calling any and all ideas, especially for anyone on the USA East Coast for
how we might engage?!

For example:

   - Mirantis could show off how to deploy Plone with K8S/Murano
   - RAX could show off how to deploy Plone with Carina
   - Company XYZ could co-sponsor a booth with the Foundation.
   - Lightning talks about how your company supports apps
   - Community could do training on Shade/Oaktree, APIs, etc.

Lots of options here, let's figure out something cool to do for this ready
and waiting cloud app community :)

@Victor may I request this be added to an agenda item for AppEco-WG?

Kind Regards,

Flanders