[User-committee] [app] Looking for corporate dev platform contacts

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:13:54 UTC 2016

Ok, so... first of all, apologies for missing names, my intent was not to
insult. I was going off of past personal experience with those
organizations that have contributed to OpenStack. With that in mind, the
questions I'm currently trying to answer are the following:

   1. Of those customers that interact directly with the OpenStack API's,
   what languages do they use to build applications on OpenStack?
   2. Which OpenStack SDK's do they use? (dead or otherwise)
   3. Do you currently contribute to these SDK's to support your customers,
   and finally...
   4. How many of your customers are actually building multi-cloud apps?

Could those of you who've already responded to this thread, help by
answering these? If you'd like to do so anonymously, I've created a google
form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14UACktKdxySD_-6XsqL16m1jtom6qeQx653TMQhV5ww/viewform>that
you can use instead. Really, I'm trying to get data that'll help us narrow
the scope, purpose, and efforts of the App Ecosystem WG. Marcela's
presentation on the App User Experience is brilliant, and shows that we
have a lot of ground to cover. That's easier to do if we focus our efforts.

Michael