[User-committee] [app] What is an App?

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:33:37 UTC 2016

Good afternoon, everyone.

Yesterday, at the App Ecosystem WG meeting, we voted on three proposed
definitions for this topic. The winner of the vote was the following:

*Cloud applications in the perspective of the App Ecosystem Working Group
are:*

   - *applications built using OpenStack SDK's or API's; or*
   - *applications deployed atop OpenStack using Heat, Murano, or 3rd party
   deployment/management tools; or*
   - *PaaS and container solutions running atop OpenStack*

This will shortly be added to the Wiki. Furthermore, this definition will
be added to the "Alan - App Developer" UX persona. While we acknowledge
that the scope of Alan's work may be getting overloaded (and thus might
require a split and/or addition of another persona), we feel that this
discussion is best had after the UX team has gathered data from their App
Developer survey.

Michael