[User-committee] [app] Ecosystem Summit Talks

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:38:59 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!

Voting is open for the summit talks. Sadly, the foundation has made the
decision that deep linking to specific talks is not a desirable feature (to
avoid twitter spam), so to vote for a specific talk you will have to search
for each talk individually.

https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/vote-for-speakers/

In order to simplify things, the App Eco WG has collected the abstracts for
all talks submitted by the App Ecosystem working group, so that you can
read them at your leisure and choose the ones you think would be a
desirable topic at the summit.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/App_Ecosystem_Workgroup-Barcelona_sessions

If you'd rather just skim the titles, here they are:

------------------------
*Understanding our OpenStack Application Developers*
Authors: Marcela Bonell (Intel) and Danielle Mundle (Intel)

*Innovating applications in the Cloud - Results of the Guadalajara
OpenStack Cloud Apps Hackathon*
Authors: Marcela Bonell (Intel) & Victor Diaz (Intel)

*Can OpenStack beat Amazon AWS in price?*
Authors: Bruno Morel (notmars) & Bruno Lago (CloudCatalyst - public cloud
in NZ)

*How to fully participate in the OpenStack community: our journey*
Authors: Bruno Morel, Wajdi Al-Hawari

*What we learned along the way: Internap's history with OpenStack and our
plans for the future*Authors: Bruno Morel (Internap)

*Connect all the things: span multiple clouds and networks securely in 30
seconds or less*