[User-committee] OpenStack Operator Recruitment Survey

Kruithof Jr, Pieter pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com
Tue Jul 12 19:25:28 UTC 2016

Hi Folks,

We are kicking-off a second recruitment survey intended to create a database (panel) of operators who are interested in participating in user research on behalf of the OpenStack community.  This is similar to the Application Developer recruitment survey, but a different user population.

One of the motivations for the recruitment survey is that the foundation is only able to do a single email blast to per cycle.  I did speak with a few folks with the foundation and completely understand their rationale for a single email blast. For the record, the foundation has been incredibly supportive of user research activities.

However, we have number of research initiatives this cycle that would require UX to do more than a single email blast to operators so the suggestion was to create a new recruitment survey specifically for operators.  In that case, they will have the ability to opt-in to participating in research activities and will receive invitations no more than once a month.

I’ve started to create a recruitment survey at the following etherpad and wanted to invite you to edit as needed.

<https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-osux-oprecruiter>https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-osux-oprecruiter

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks,

Piet

--
Piet Kruithof