[User-committee] [app] Training day (1st AppKit) actions from Tokyo

Sarni Sofiane sofiane.sarni at epfl.ch
Thu Jan 7 08:07:06 UTC 2016

“SCIENTIFIC-WG” sounds good and is well representing.

In addition, it doesn’t collide with any of the other woking groups.

Best regards,
Sofiane

From: David F Flanders <flanders at openstack.org<mailto:flanders at openstack.org>>
Date: Wednesday 6 January 2016 22:34
To: Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch<mailto:Tim.Bell at cern.ch>>
Cc: "user-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:user-committee at lists.openstack.org>" <user-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:user-committee at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [User-committee] [app] Training day (1st AppKit) actions from Tokyo

Excellent discussion + votes, thank you Tim, Jonathan, Stig an Stefano.

SCIENTIFIC-WG seems very reasonable to me.

Are there any objections?

Going once...

/dff

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch<mailto:Tim.Bell at cern.ch>> wrote:
I also would not have any objection to SCIENTIFIC if this is the consensus (but I'd drop a note to Fermilab to explain the context, i.e. it is not an OpenStack on Scientific Linux distro).

The other benefit of SCIENTIFIC is that there are a number of companies doing clouds (such as in Life Sciences) who would be interested in the working group but would not consider themselves ACADEMIA.

Tim