[User-committee] [app] which apps and devs are we targeting?

Bart Demeulenaere bart.demeulenaere at venean.com
Tue Feb 9 23:56:11 UTC 2016

Hi Christopher,

I think that real cloud native apps (12 factor apps) will more easily tend
to use the PaaS frameworks mentioned (Cloud Foundry, Docker, ...). For many
existing and evolving apps this is too far a stretch architecturally, and
likely also not needed from a scalibility point of view. For many existing
apps (enterprise, SME, webapps, etc) a cloud-light approach is more likely.
Cloud-light would be running on a IaaS platform with persistency and logging
split off, state persisted in a database, but otherwise still very much an
n-tie type of application.

Kind regards,
Bart