[User-committee] Working group vs functional team

Sun, Yih Leong yih.leong.sun at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 16:53:44 UTC 2016

You looking at this definition?
https://github.com/openstack/governance-uc/blob/master/reference/charter.rst#structure---functional-teams

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis [mailto:serverascode at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:23 AM
To: user-committee at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [User-committee] Working group vs functional team

Hi,

Today in the Operators Telecom/NFV Team meeting [0] we were wondering what the status of the concept of working group vs team is. I looked around for some documentation, I know there was a google doc that defined it, but is it listed somewhere else in terms of a definition and any steps to follow?

We are quite sure we are a team as opposed to a working group, but should we go through a process to do some renaming, as some of our docs use the term "working group" as opposed to "functional team"?

This isn't a probing question at all, it just came up in our meeting today. :)

Thanks,
Curtis.

[0]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/operators_telco_nfv/2016/operators_telco_nfv.2016-12-14-15.00.html