[User-committee] [app] App Dev Enablement WG meeting

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Sun Dec 4 22:54:53 UTC 2016

Thanks for posting this WG agenda a day early Patricia.
As I'm often the lone 'chatterbox' in the APAC region I'm going to attempt
to be a better 'community citizen' and reply more asynchronously so as to
help encourage conversation post meetings (re actions) here on the mailing
list[1].

Saying that, I've added several questions to the etherpad and looking
forward to the AppEnable-WG IRC conversation on how to make...

Openstack.org > Users > "App Developers & ISVs" > https://www.openstack.org/
appdev/

...a more seamless journey for engaging users in the practicalities for
enabling their companies applications atop OpenStack.

On the etherpad, I've asked several questions around Audience (ergo which
resources we want sitting at this site), and the affect those resources
will have on said audience.  Not least given the current breadcrumb trail
re naming "ISV apps".  I think we should have members of the ISV team
engaged in this conversation as well?  As well as some ISV app peeps
(users) themselves.

[1]= Of recent, I've been made aware of several people here in APAC who are
*valuable lurkers* to this conversation (most of them with
English-as-a-second-language) with a preference for async written
conversations (ergo in situ language translation).  I feel this is becoming
increasingly important for our communities growth internationally.

Best, DFF

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Montenegro, Patricia <
patricia.montenegro at intel.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Join us Monday for our weekly meeting, scheduled for December 5th  at
> 22:00 UTC.
>
> This is an IRC Meeting! #openstack-meeting
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=openstack-meeting
>
> Agenda:
> >  Improve developer.openstack.org and/or openstack.org/appdev
> > Working more closely with other related working groups
>
> More details: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/2016_Dec_5_App_
> Dev_Enablement
>
> Wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Application_Ecosystem_Working_Group
>
> Feel free to add items to the agenda if there's something you'd like to
> discuss!
>
> :D
> Patricia

Flanders | OpenStack Foundation | Community Manager (Cloud Application
Communities)
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-
community-wrangler-david-flanders