[User-committee] [app] My FirstApp: Shade - Status

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Tue Aug 2 11:15:47 UTC 2016

Congratulations Marcella re Shade; and well done Sean re Fog :) - Both
releases worth celebrating!!!

Great to see the AppDev SDKs making progress.

The training we did on Shade at EuroPython was also a success.  We are
following up this face to face training with video tutorials so the whole
community can take advantage.  Example here:

https://youtu.be/JyQHoDoypGM

We are hoping to produce a series of these "screencasts" to help support
anyone else who would like to start running cloud app developer training.
As per the forthcoming training for the Guadalajara Cloud Application
Hackathon.

If you are interested in helping produce these kinds of videos please do
holla :)

Kind Regards,

Flanders

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Bonell Manjarrez, Marcela <
marcela.bonell.manjarrez at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good news… My FirstApp for shade is ready and available in
> developer.openstack.org! :)
> Now, we have two guides for app developers both in python (libcloud and
> shade)!
>
> These were the patches that I sent for fix/complete some sections.
>
> Patches:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/334108
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/339732
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/341011
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346235
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347508
>
> Official link: http://developer.openstack.org/firstapp-shade
>

> *** What’s next? ***
> Goal: Complete My FirstApp for another sdk (fog, the ruby sdk) before
> Barcelona.
>
> Updates:
> Sean Handley completed My FirstApp for fog.
> http://developer.openstack.org/draft/firstapp-fog
>
> Next steps:
> I’ll start the same process to valide/fix fog guide if needed :)
>
> Marcela Bonell
>

> On 6/20/16, 12:32 PM, "Bonell Manjarrez, Marcela" <
> marcela.bonell.manjarrez at intel.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Thanks again to Caleb for completing the “Make it durable” section (Swift
> portion)!

> and I found some minors bugs, but I've fixed them and now my path is on
> review:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/331760
> >* I discovered a bug in the sdk itself when adding metadata to objects, I
> filed the bug to the shade team:
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000650. (This bug is not a
> blocker for My FirstApp)
> >
> >Next steps:
> >* To test and fix the rest of the sections for shade (Introduction,
> Scaling out, Block storage) to make sure that shade is ready for the
> official go - Marcela
> >  - http://developer.openstack.org/draft/firstapp-shade
> >  -
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Zj2JU0jR4hy8y1HxFl30gTEGeqgBjc6hqv0ZAByVYo/edit?usp=sharing
> >

> >Marcela Bonell

Flanders | OpenStack Foundation | Community Manager (Cloud Application
Communities)
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-community-wrangler-david-flanders