[User-committee] [AppDev] Training: Cloud App Dojos

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:07:28 UTC 2016

T-minus >90 minutes until we kick-off a new community initiative to bring
DevOpps and AppDev together in the same space to train one another in
creating cloud applications (cloud aware apps, cloud native apps, etc.).

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c56dgq96g28u1okk0g34b105tto

^^ If you are a DevOpp or an AppDev looking to help provide training for
your local community, company and/or institution, this new "training forum"
called "Cloud App Dojos" should be a fun tribe to join :)

If you are not yet sure about being a 'cloud app trainer', then you can
come along and experience a 'cloud app dojo' in Austin to test the waters:

https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9470
<--[1]

Otherwise, if you are already doing training for your company and would
like to get involved please either attend the above Google Public Hangout,
or make sure to watch the recorded version of the training on YouTube next
week.

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the key resources to get
this training tribe up and going:

--> Slides for "How to Run a Cloud App Dojo
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/17_7QEtIyQQALkMPhzQ-ovtW-a9zuesTu5oJt428GWMU/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000>
"
--> Etherpad for "Austin Cloud App Dojos" -
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cloud-code-dojo-austin
--> Repository for "Learning Challenges" -
https://github.com/DFFlanders/AppDev-Training-Challenges-OpenStack

[1]= Please note that the above training session overlaps with the
excellent presentation on how to architect cloud apps, if you are a CEO,
CIO, Enterprise Developer, Legacy App Developer or the like please consider
attending this event:
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/how-to-architect-applications-for-the-cloud-an-openstack-primer

Kind Regards,

Flanders

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>
wrote:

> On 04/04/2016 06:16 PM, David F Flanders wrote:
> > We are looking to run a (beta) 90 minute training session in the form of
> > "cloud code dojos" in Austin.
>
> DreamHost is happy to allocate some resources for this task since we
> went live today with DreamCompute (woot! in case you missed the news
>
> https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/2016/04/05/new-and-improved-dreamcompute-available-for-all/
> )
>
> the 'white belt' sessions would be ideal for DreamCompute. Let's talk
> about the details offlist.
>
> Cheers,
> Stef

Twitter: @DFFlanders <https://twitter.com/dfflanders>