[User-committee] FYI AppHackathon-WG in Austin

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Thu Apr 7 21:41:39 UTC 2016

Dear User-Committee and Working-Groups,

Hackathons (following on from the success of the Taiwan App Hack [1]).  I
am proposing a 'help group' in the form of a working group:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/apphackathon-wg

As per the above WG proposal (^^edits encouraged), this WG is intended to
be a forum for helping support anyone in the community who would like to
collaborate in running an OpenStack App Hackathon.  This WG will be
bootstrapped to the AppEco-WG <--a SubWG if you will (to be discussed in
Austin, see below).

I'm pleased to say that we have "hands being held up" for Hackathons in
Mexico, India, UK and the East Coast of USA.  I'm hoping to have an
announcement for the next Hackathon by the Austin Summit - stay tuned ;-)

Tentatively, a session to discuss the purpose/scope/membership of the
AppHackathon-WG will take place in Austin on:

Wednesday, April 27, 3:30pm-4:10pm
​
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9024?goback=1
​