[User-committee] [AppDev] HALP! Request for Cloud to use during AppDev Training in Austin

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Tue Apr 5 01:16:06 UTC 2016

Dear OpenStack Cloud Providers [User-Committee WGs please help pass this
along to any contacts],

Yes I'm looking at anyone who has a Cloud listed on the Marketplace:

https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/

We are looking to run a (beta) 90 minute training session in the form of
"cloud code dojos" in Austin.

You ask: "what is a cloud code dojo?"

Well, I'm glad you asked, see:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cloud-code-dojo-training-proposal

In summary, "Cloud Dojos" are forums for practising
repetitive manoeuvres (like API calls, SDK commands lines and/or martial
art moves ;-).  They looks something like this:

​
We would hope to have 2-5 "cloud code dojos" running in parallel at the
Austin Summit (more at future summits):

In short, the above format will allow for parallel trainings activities,
like:

   - "White Belt (novice): Create a cloud App image which user can access
   on the Web (public IP)" see example dojo challenge here:
   https://github.com/DFFlanders/AppDev-Training-Challenges-OpenStack/blob/master/image-flavor-problem-set.md
   - "Yellow Belt (intermediate): using SWIFT API calls to attach to cloud
   native containers"
   - "Black Belt (advanced): etc.

We'll run this first "Cloud Code Dojo Training Forum" as a trial [alpha]
activity and seek feedback accordingly.  We hope to learn from all of you
so we can refine and take into account all the different AppDev audiences
PoVs from: cloud native to enterprise AppDev to ISV legacy Apps to varying
ProgLang SDK Apps to DevOpps who want to do more AppDev stuff, etc.

Naturally, there is lots to explore in this space, but in the first case we
need to borrow (and promote) some clouds for this training.  We would only
need 5 cloud accounts as the code dojo format is designed to keep people
participating.

Or to request in LoLCat:

I can haz cloud 4 skillz training plz?

​
^^ this cat attended cloud code dojo - obrigado 🙇

Greatly appreciated for any considerations.

Kind Regards,

Flanders
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-community-wrangler-david-flanders