[User-committee] Per-project surveys

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Mon Sep 28 17:03:49 UTC 2015

There have been a couple of project surveys of OpenStack users in the past
week (Neutron and Ceilometer).

They tend to duplicate the standard questions (industry, size of deployment,
release levels, .) and also some of the questions we are currently asking in
the survey (nova network, metering feedback). The commitment to anonymity is
also not always clear.

The difficulty I see is that we reach survey limits, where people are not
sure what is official and whether the questions/audience may lead to a bias.

On the other hand, the PTLs often want more detailed information and the
user survey needs to be kept to a reasonable length (to avoid we lose
everything because people bailed out before finishing).

Any suggestions on how to proceed ?

Tim