[User-committee] [app] Training day (1st AppKit) actions from Tokyo

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Nov 23 09:55:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’m the lead of the Docs Training guides Speciality team [1]. We already update the material for Upstream Training (slides that are used there and intro pages that explain them a bit more) [2] and we’re also working on the Training slides material (currently a WIP published under draft docs pages). Everything is written in RST (slides too - we use Hieroglyph+Sphinx) and we’re continuously publishing all training material under Training guides section on the Docs pages [3], with standard Docs contribution process with patches&bugs for slides too.

This effort you guys started here for the 1stAppKit Training is really great, I too have a lot of feedback about the need for this from my contacts in the Academia and from our partners in the industry.

I would like to help with developing training materials for it. Can we reuse the tools/processes already established for the Upstream training? I think that it would be good to gather together all community made training related stuff under the same Docs Section [3] - this would increase the visibility of it for all.

Matjaz Pancur
University Of Ljubljana

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/