[User-committee] [app] Training day (1st AppKit) actions from Tokyo

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:24:47 UTC 2015

Welcome-welcome Bart,

We've got a list of actions at the etherpad from the Tokyo meeting here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TYO-app-eco-wg

There are two actions in particular which I'd suggest might play to your
strengths:

1.) We are looking to assemble a small team of AppOpps to turn the "my
first cloud app guide" into a training course, we'll need drafting the
training as well as alpha testing it.

2.) We need more AppDev engaged in SDK use, feedback and cross-community
engagement.

​Either of the above strike your fancy Bart?​
​
In the meantime with regards to (d), can you advise on if you have tried
your app on any of the public clouds?

https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/public-clouds/

Also, I'd love to hear your candid-friendly thoughts on what kind of
overview of the "cloud architecture" you would want as appOpps.  For
example as an app-developer do you want to deal with the multiple APIs from
each core project (neutron, glance, keystone, etc.) or would you prefer to
just work with the cloud via an SDK in the programming language of your
preference?

Also, it would be great to hear more about your app - maybe even try and
get an openstack super-user blog post written on it (if you are looking for
end users yourself to engage with it at this stage?).

Looking forward to hearing more of your insights.

Kind Regards,

Flanders

David F. Flanders
Research Community Manager