[User-committee] [app] Training day (1st AppKit) actions from Tokyo

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:13:31 UTC 2015

My Dear Fellow Application Ecosystem Working Group,

I hope your return travels home have treated you well.

As per
​my action from ​
our WG meeting in Tokyo[1], I'm emailing you'll
​to ​
request some info to help roll out the 'My First App Guide + Training"?
​!​

If the following people would be so kind as to provide me with the
following information:
    a.) contact details for the developer wranglers who help provide
internal training events/activities at your companies, random leads
welcome,
    b.) name of an app developer who has or is interested in developing
cloud native applications,
    c.) [optional] where we might help advertise the "my first app guide"
​and training day(s)
?,
    d.) [optional] opinions on what we need to do with
developer.openstack.org to make it valuable for visiting app developers?

   - @Michael/Carol could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d)
   for Intel?
   - @John could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for HP?
   - @Kenny could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for
   Rackspace?
   - @Shamail could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for IBM?
   - @Rainya/Nicky could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d)
   for Cisco?
   - @Annie could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for
   Huawei?
   - @Chun could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for 99
   Cloud?
   - @Stefano could you provide the above (a)(b), optionally (c)(d) for
   Dreamhost?

​...​

*​​@All* I would really also appreciate your ideas for what your
organisation might expect in terms of an "app kit" for training days,
​e.g.
 training curricula outline, training support, partnership with local
meetup & user groups, engagement opportunities with up and coming talent
from Universities, swag (stickers, shirts), prizes for "best app pitches",
etc.
​ ???​

Once compiled, I'll l
​liaise with you all to help take forward

​training opportunities of the
my first app guide
​ training #AppKit.​
 If interested in being a guinea pig please do reply on list :)

Getting very excited to see cloud native apps grow in our community!

​​
​
[1]= https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TYO-app-eco-wg​​

Kind Regards,

Flanders
======
​​
David F. Flanders, Research Community Manager
University of Melbourne > University Services > Research Platforms
@ResPlat - http://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/researchplatforms/
We ❤ the 'Research Bazaar' community, join today! #ResBaz