[User-committee] User requirements feedback loop

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk at maishsk.com
Mon May 11 13:00:15 UTC 2015

On 05/11/15 14:27, Tom Fifield wrote:
> On 11/05/15 18:52, Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
>> On 05/11/15 09:47, Tim Bell wrote:
>>>

>>> Within the user committee, we’ve been reviewing how the various teams
>>> and working groups around operators, end users and ecosystem
>>> developers could be structured. In particular, how we can turn the
>>> ideas into actionable items and expand the activities given the growth
>>> in the user community.
>>>

>>> In preparation for the summit, we would welcome feedback from those
>>> interested in the user committee and product working groups on the
>>> proposal below before wider circulation. The details are in
>>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/uc-2015
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Tim, Jon, Subbu and Tom
>>>

>> Hi Tim, this looks like a great start.
>>
>> There is something that I am missing and perhaps there could be a way to
>> pursue this further at the summit.
>>
>> Collecting requirements, from different segments - and then what?
> Maish,
>
> Where is this lacking and what would you suggest to fix it?
At the moment I am not aware (perhaps it is only me) of how this
feedback is looped back into the teams.

How this can fixed?
Regular meetings between the User committee and their respective groups
to collect the info?
Regular meetings with the User commitee and the TC/PTLs to get the
feedback back into the projects and receive feedback on the work being
done.

Someone of course needs to track this - and I think that a Project
manager would be a perfect fit for this. Where that project manager
comes from - is of course the question.

--
Best Regards,
Maish Saidel-Keesing