[User-committee] Horizon Customization in User Survey

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon May 4 19:41:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 07:18:54PM +0000, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
:Thanks, Jonathan-
:
:Is there some process I need to follow to get this into the user survey
:itself?

Someone may correct me here, but I don't belive there's a formal
process and this thread can likely serve to start the informal
process.

To keep responses high we want to keep questions low so we'd need to
determine if it's an approriate question to as (seems to me it likely
is).

Then if it is we'd need to work out phrasing.  To that end are you
asking about CSS and branding, functional customizations or both?

For example I add a pssword recovery link to the login page (add one
line to a template) but leave the default styles alone (including the
OpenStack logo).  I also have a customization_module to overide the
new instances dialog to allow users to set the fixed_ip of new
instances. Which of those bits are most interesting?

-Jon

:
:Michael
: