[User-committee] OpenStack Surveys moving forward

Jimmy Mcarthur jimmy at tipit.net
Tue Mar 31 16:09:33 UTC 2015

> March 31, 2015 at 8:12 AM
>
> If we create new rows for new data entry for an existing deployment,
> can we keep the same deployment id ? It is useful to have a unique
> identified for each deployment, especially if we eventually get to an
> automated way of reporting the current deployment state.

Right now we're maintaining the deployment ID and re-populating
questions from the past survey, where appropriate. That way users have a
head start on the survey and can update data where appropriate.

> We're not adding a huge number of questions each year so if it is easy
> to change the technology, that's OK but it would seem like a lot of
> work only for the delegation rights on its own.

This year was a bigger lift than previous years, but you're right it's
not a big shift from survey to survey. The driving force IMO is to
normalize the data.

Thanks!
Jimmy