[User-committee] [app] The Potential for an `App on OpenStack` ML

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jun 4 08:02:48 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We've touched several times on the issue that "people building apps on
openstack have no place to hang out", and a couple of times it's been
posited that we should have a mailing list to service this purpose.

One of the more damaging things you can do with a community is move it
to a new forum that quickly dies. Therefore, I feel that we need to have
some pre-discussion about what would be on that list, and brainstorm
some ideas on how to seed it, and make it a sustainably useful place for
this group of people.

Please put your ideas on this etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/app-dev-ML

Thanks for your time!