[User-committee] [App] "First App" Tutorial for OpenStack

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed Apr 1 09:54:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Checking in from the sprint.

At this stage (Wednesday night) we've written the bulk of the content
we're going to produce this week, and the next couple of days are going
to be spent fixing it so that it looks reasonable and actually works :)

We're pretty confident that section 1 is indeed already in this state,
and would invite you to try it out :)

On a linux system, you should be able to run:

{yum,apt-get,zypper} install graphviz
git clone https://github.com/fifieldt/openstack-firstapp
cd openstack-firstapp
tox -e libcloud

and then open doc/build/html/section1.html in your favourite browser.

Feedback on other sections is welcome too, but they're all very much in
flux and can still change in big ways between now and Friday night - so
no pull requests yet please ;)

We'll keep you posted as best we can with progress. Still a long way to go!

Regards,

Christian, James, Nick, Sean & Tom