[User-committee] OpsVolunteers

Rainya Mosher rainya.mosher at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Mar 7 21:02:09 UTC 2014

Tim, I wasn't able to attend the gathering this past week, and so I greatly appreciate you sending out the notes.

I am all for operator advocates in specific areas. I have already been doing developer outreach (especially around upgrades and deployments) with the nova project and plan to continue that through the end of icehouse and into Juno. I attended that project's meetup last month and it was a great week.

I see there is a list of names started on the etherpad around line 680. Should those that would like to continue the work add their name to the list along with the extra data elements you outlined below?

Thanks so much.

Rainya Mosher
Software Dev Manager - Infrastructure, Deploy Systems
210.316.5065 (mobile)
Communication • Strategic • Maximizer • Individualization • Activator
Not all of us can save the world. Some of us need to make it worth saving. - RFM

From: Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch<mailto:Tim.Bell at cern.ch>>
Date: Friday, March 7, 2014 2:29 PM
To: "user-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:user-committee at lists.openstack.org>" <user-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:user-committee at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [User-committee] OpsVolunteers

Following on from the gathering [1] I was thinking about establishing a catalog of operators with the aim to find who could help out with. Feed back welcome.

-        Governance – aim would be a small set under NDA

o   Defining process for operator input at summits

o   Working on the user survey data

-        Operator outreach

o   Smoothing the process for influencing future developments

o   Defining best practise approaches for operator processes (installation, monitoring, upgrades, planning, …)

-        Developer outreach

o   Explaining the operations needs through blueprints

o   Assisting the refining of blueprints to meet needs of cloud deployments

A list of

- People
               Name
               Email
               Affiliation
- Areas of interest
               Governance
               Operator outreach
               Developer outreach
                              Which projects the operator can engage in with the developers ? Typical cases would be during a design summit where the operations needs are being raised and discussed.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/operators-feedback-mar14

Tim

--
[cid:image001.png at 01CF3A4C.63FF8790]