[User-committee] [Openstack] Formulate application developer oriented questions for the user survey

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 16:29:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 01/21/2014 02:25 AM, Everett Toews wrote:
> There are a number of issues that stand out to me but before getting
> into them some quick definitions to be clear what I'm talking about.
>
> OpenStack developer = developer working on OpenStack itself
> OpenStack operator = operator deploying/maintaining an OpenStack cloud
> application developer = developer working on application being deployed
> on an OpenStack cloud
> application operator = operator deploying/maintaining an application on
> an OpenStack cloud
> users = any of OpenStack operator, application developer, application
> operator

It would be really useful, I think, to match these up with some of the
personas we have, so that we are all talking about the same thing
(there's a big difference between someone deploying a small private
cloud and someone operating a large public cloud, for example).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13