[User-committee] Add User Survey question - databases

Matt Griffin matt.griffin at percona.com
Tue Aug 26 18:17:41 UTC 2014

Hi Tim,

I'm interested in knowing more about what databases are used as the backend
for each component. I posed this to the audience at the Ops Mid-Cycle
Meetup today but I'd like to get a wider view.

Q: What database do you use for the components of your OpenStack cloud?
Options (select multiple): MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB, MySQL with
Galera, MySQL with DRBD, Percona XtraDB Cluster, MariaDB Galera Cluster,
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Other (text field)

Alt Q: This question could also be posed to learn which databases operators
are using for each component of OpenStack.
Neutron, Ceilometer, etc.

This would help Percona and other database vendors as well as help the PTLs
to determine how much to invest in supporting (e.g., tests) options.

Thanks,
Matt