[User-committee] OpenStack End User Working Group

Rainya Mosher rainya.mosher at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 22 21:42:15 UTC 2014

I like that a definition is being created and thank you for not wanting to
leave out the operators and deployers. As a deployer of an OpenStack
cloud, how does the definition "An OpenStack end user is anyone who
interacts with and makes use of an OpenStack cloud via its public APIs²
apply to the end users that deploy the OpenStack software itself? I ask
because when my team and I do a public cloud deploy, we don¹t actually
interact with the public api for any openstack service. It is all done
through orchestration and ssh at the instance and host level.

Is the idea that we would fall into the operator / maintainer category? Or
is this function out of scope for this conversation? Cheers!

Rainya Mosher
Dev Manager, PSST Release & Deploy
210.316.5065 (mobile)
Strategic € Activator € Connectedness € Individualization € Communication

I am an artist. This means I live in a perverse fantasy world with
unrealistic expectations. Thank you for understanding.