[User-committee] Weekly community newsletter - deployment news

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri May 10 13:09:10 UTC 2013

On May 6, 2013, at 6:55 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:

> I wonder if this fits with what the user committee had in mind though: I have the impression Tim and others were suggesting to see news of users deploying OpenStack or consuming OpenStack for applications but in production. The link you provided seem to me more about development of another piece of infrastructure than about consuming OpenStack in production. Am I wrong?

You're right.

What made that blog post a great fit was the discussion of an application (Hadoop) and its architecture being deployed on OpenStack. However, you're right that its ties to project Savanna as a piece of OpenStack infrastructure make it inappropriate for this list.

Everett