[User-committee] Weekly community newsletter - deployment news

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu May 2 19:18:52 UTC 2013

On Thu 02 May 2013 10:15:59 AM PDT, Tim Bell wrote:
> The survey is one potential source, news articles are another, user
> logos appearing on the user-story page are another.  There needs to
> be some checking before (to avoid someone incorrectly announcing) but
> it deserves a section.

I agree that users deserve a section in the newsletter. The 'how' is the
tricky part. Since I don't have access to the survey results I cannot
judge how difficult it would be to use that as a source (*).

Let's start thinking about tomorrow or next week's newsletter: what
should I put in there?

Reddit has no new content http://www.reddit.com/r/openstack/, I didn't
see much more besides Comcast X1...

I can start with that and ask for people to use a tool (reddit and
twitter) to send me candidate posts, announcements worth including in
the next issue. I'll make judgement calls to make that section a
celebration of *people* doing great stuff with OpenStack (as opposed to
celebrating large corporations with no face). In other words, if people
at Comcast and other users had blogs where they talked about their
openstack experiences things would be much simpler.

/stef

* it is my impression from talking with people involved in designing the
survey that its purpose was not to become a way to publicize
deployments. I think we all agree that we need to check the tacit
'contract' with the respondents before using it as a source.