[User-committee] Details of public survey results

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 1 13:28:31 UTC 2013

I also think that the less anonymous the users are, the less likely
you'll be to get future respondents.

I think the results of the User survey in aggregate is extremely useful
to the OpenStack. I worry about folks trying to data mine the details on
one specific vendor or slice isn't actually useful to the OpenStack
community, only that one vendor, and might discourage future
participation by organizations (because they don't want to be data
mined), and thus doing a diservice to the OpenStack community.

I'd just like the numbers behind the graphs that were provided so I can
make pie charts that color match my slide templates. :) That in a json
file would be more than sufficient for my needs.

	-Sean

On 05/01/2013 09:07 AM, Tim Bell wrote:

> My worry if we allow general user queries would be to find ways to ensure anonymity. For example, if I was to search for a company
> based on south America in e-commerce and I was to get only one match, I could then determine their configuration.
>
> Do the tools being suggested allow us to define a threshold (such as if less than 4 responses, show insufficient data) to avoid
> fishing for data on particular cases ?
>
> Tim

Sean Dague
http://dague.net