[User-committee] User developers

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 17:58:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 06/18/2013 07:49 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Tue 18 Jun 2013 10:26:20 AM PDT, Dave Neary wrote:
>> It probably makes more sense to talk about OpenStack (or platform)
>> developers, OpenStack (or platform) operators and application
>> developers. Also I would add OpenStack distributors and integrators, and
>> public cloud vendors (which are a special class of openstack operator).
>
> I tend to use similar naming as Dave's except that I use the term
> "consumers" or the longer version "consumers of OpenStack APIs" when
> referring to developers of applications based on OpenStack.

It's entirely possible that the cloud operations guys are not the ones
writing the applications, but are just automating their deployment and
update - in which case, the API consumers are DevOps or "cloud
operations" rather than cloud application developers.

But then again, perhaps we're breaking it down too much :-)

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13