[User-committee] Additional deployment survey question

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Jun 14 18:32:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 06/14/2013 02:24 PM, Tim Bell wrote:
> What would we need in addition to
> -          Redhat (or similar)
> -          Ubuntu/Debian (or similar)
> -          Windows
> -          (Not sure what the right O/S would be for VMWare)

I would certainly add SuSe to that list, and I think ESX is probably the
best option for VMware

I would also suggest breaking Red Hat (or similar) into:

- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A clone of RHEL

In general, I think it would be interesting to know if people are
favouring free hypervisors or if they're running OpenStack on a
supported distribution - whether that's RHEL, SuSe, Ubuntu with support,
PentOS or some other supported OpenStack platform & distribution - or
whether people are deploying primarily on a free hypervisor.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13