[User-committee] Details of public survey results

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Jul 29 13:55:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would really like to follow through with some OpenStack personas ASAP,
and if we can use the user committee data, all the better. If we can't,
then I can always do similar with a smaller set of interviews with
volunteers in various user forums (and would love to put together a
standard interview template we can share & increase our reach!)

If we can do it with survey data to begin with, that would be useful,
though.

Cheers,
Dave.

On 07/26/2013 08:04 PM, Ryan Lane wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org
> <mailto:anne at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm interested in this data as well to improve the user
>     documentation. Do you have any updates in this area?
>

> No updates in this area right now, but I also want to be able to query
> the data more easily, even if it's just for the user committee. I wanted
> to pull some data the other day and didn't have an easy mechanism for
> doing so.
>
> It seems we should be able to provide data dumps of public survey
> results. Though for the foreseeable future it'll likely be easiest to
> ask the committee for aggregate results for private data. Providing a
> tool that queries this is hard without possibly leaking information,
> which would quickly halt any future private survey results from coming in.
>
> I think it would be helpful to have a seasoned analytics engineer
> available to the user committee to help with this. Is there anyone from
> the community that can help in this regard?
>
> - Ryan

Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13